Last Wednesday I attended a meltpot workshop with the lovely Maria Simms at Birkenhead. What a fab day it was! My finished canvas looks nothing like it did on Wednesday, but I like it. I had such fun playing to get it to this stage.
I painted the frame inside and out with Eco acrylic paint in Ocean, but I kept the returns black. I used a stamp from the Clarity Journal set as I thought it looked a bit like a sea plant in the background.
I remade my seahorses using a yummy blue UTEE I bought from Maria, mixed with clear UTEE. I found the melted UTEE much easier to work with when I added a little UTEE flex to the mix.
I melted beeswax in my project pan and poured this into a couple of moulds I have had for ages and this gave me a lovely selection of sea shells and even a little seahorse. These I coloured with mica powders.
The little fish and the light house I have had for ages. In the base I poured glue and added frantage embossing powders them melted it with the heat gun. This made it bubble up a treat. You can only see it if you get close.
I made a couple of flowers with some stuff a bit like burlap to add the one we made at the workshop.
The string knotted and stuck along the bottom of the frame is an idea someone else had used on her frame (sorry, I forget who it was). I liked the idea so much I decided to do it too.
Such a fun project to do. I'm not sure where it is going to live yet, but I may well do another one.
Bye for now.