Friday, 23 July 2010

Flights of Fancy

This is my card for my swap partner for July over on the Creating Rainbows forum. The theme is Flights of Fancy. I have delayed posting it here to ensure she receives it first!

The background was created by putting Big and Juicy Ink from the hydrangea inkpad onto my craft sheet and spritzing with water, then smooshing the cardstock in it. I then inked up the edges using the same ink[pad. The foliage has been stamped using the same inkpad plus a couple of adirondack inkpads. Then I stamped the butterflies with black archival ink. The stamps used are from two plates from Creative Expressions - Meadow Flora and British Wild Flowers. The bird and cage are cut from a Tim Holtz Sizzix die. I have distressed the cage using Croco silver crackling paint. I have stamped a swilr on the bird and its wing using a flourish from a Spring plate from Elusive Images. I have added a gem for the birds eye. I have then cut a couple of corners using a Cuttlebug die. Lastly, I have added the word "FLY" which I have tried to age a bit using alcohol inks. I'm not sure which alcohol inks I used in the end as I kept playing around until I was reasonably happy with the result.

Would you believe this card has taken me 3 days to finish! I kept leaving it and then coming back to it again. Finally, today (last Monday) I decided it was now or never, it had to be completed! So here it is. I'm really struggling to find my mojo at the moment, not helped by the fact that I have a stinking cold and a nose like a tap!

I'm giving this card 2 full days to reach its recipient before posting on here.

Thanks for looking. All comments welcome.


Friday, 2 July 2010

Metallic Mode

TIO Challenge 45 - 3D Metallic Mode
The challenge this week over on Dragon's TIO Challenge blog is 3D Metallic Mode. I was waiting for an opportunity to use my new(ish) sizzix bird and cage dies, so I cut them out in black card, then painted the cage with Croco crackle paint in silver. Once it had dried I distressed it a bit with black soot DI. The bird was also cut in black card. I have overstamped a swirl on the bird using silver Brilliance ink. The tag has been coloured with various distress inks using colour dusters. Then I stamped a selection of stamps, some in the same shades of DI I had used to colour the tag, and some with black soot. I then coloured the edges of the tag with black soot DI. The stamps I have used have come from all over the place, some are from the Julia Andruss steampunk plate, one is a Tim Holtz stamp. I have then sponged Ferro silver paint on some areas of the tag. I have distressed two cogs, cut from silver mirri card, then applied black stazon to age. The cogs have been added to the tag so that they overhang the edges of the tag and I have cut the surplus away. You can't see the cogs very well in the image, but they are at the centre top and bottom left. I have then added the cage and bird, then the key hanging on a ribbon just out of reach of the cage, and a butterfly in a pendant hanging from a chain. Lastly, I have added black lace to the bottom of the tag.

It has been so much fun and relaxing making this tag. Tags and fat book pages are my favourite crafting things to make at the moment.

Right, off to bed said zebedee! Thanks for stopping by.