Friday 23 July 2010

Flights of Fancy

This is my card for my swap partner for July over on the Creating Rainbows forum. The theme is Flights of Fancy. I have delayed posting it here to ensure she receives it first!



The background was created by putting Big and Juicy Ink from the hydrangea inkpad onto my craft sheet and spritzing with water, then smooshing the cardstock in it. I then inked up the edges using the same ink[pad. The foliage has been stamped using the same inkpad plus a couple of adirondack inkpads. Then I stamped the butterflies with black archival ink. The stamps used are from two plates from Creative Expressions - Meadow Flora and British Wild Flowers. The bird and cage are cut from a Tim Holtz Sizzix die. I have distressed the cage using Croco silver crackling paint. I have stamped a swilr on the bird and its wing using a flourish from a Spring plate from Elusive Images. I have added a gem for the birds eye. I have then cut a couple of corners using a Cuttlebug die. Lastly, I have added the word "FLY" which I have tried to age a bit using alcohol inks. I'm not sure which alcohol inks I used in the end as I kept playing around until I was reasonably happy with the result.



Would you believe this card has taken me 3 days to finish! I kept leaving it and then coming back to it again. Finally, today (last Monday) I decided it was now or never, it had to be completed! So here it is. I'm really struggling to find my mojo at the moment, not helped by the fact that I have a stinking cold and a nose like a tap!



I'm giving this card 2 full days to reach its recipient before posting on here.



Thanks for looking. All comments welcome.

Wanda

2 comments:

  1. This may have taken you a while to do but it is worth the effort, it's stunning.

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Wanda so much depth and interest. The background colours and stamping work so well. I am sure the receipient must have been delighted.

    Jen x

    ReplyDelete