Sunday, 27 April 2014

Blue Tits and Blossom (Clarity style)

I bought these stamps a few weeks ago and didn't get round to playing with them until today. How could I neglect them for so long?

I seem to be producing a lot of 8 x 8 cards these days. This one is no exception.

I stamped everything using potting soil archival ink by Wendy Vecchi. Then coloured each image using prisma pencils.

Then shaded the sky using distress ink and Clarity brushes and my Clarity blending mat (so useful).

Mounted the image onto dark blue then onto pink card, then onto my card blank.

I will be producing a lot more cards with this set of stamps.

Bye for now.


Saturday, 26 April 2014

My New Favourite Indigo Blu Stamp

Indigo Blu challenge 15 Words are all you Need

I bought this lovely stamp at Port Sunlight recently. Isn't it lovely. Crying out for a bit of decoupaging, I thought. Stamped in black archival. Coloured with prisma pencils. Stamped and coloured again for the decoupage.

The sentiment is from another set, again stamped in black archival.

A light dusting with distress ink, then mounted onto orange and yellow card, then mounted onto an 8 x 8 card blank.

I am entering this card into the Indigo Blu challenge which is all about words.

I can see this image adorning all sorts of altered things.

Enjoy your day. Bye for now.

Wanda Blu challenge 15 - Words are all you Need

Thursday, 24 April 2014

A Little Tree

The stamp used here is the latest offering from the Clarity New Design Club. Such a useful little stamp.

I decided to a one layer card with this one.

I masked off a panel on a 6 x 6 card base. Stamped the tree three times using tree branch Wendy Vecchi archival ink. Then brushed distress ink into the area.

A Clarity greeting, using the same archival ink. And there you have it!

Quick and simple.

Bye for now.


Wednesday, 23 April 2014

Another Clarity Stencil

This is another of my favourite Clarity stencils. Mind you, I just love poppies.

I coloured through the mask with distress inks. Let that dry. Cleaned the stencil then put it back in place. Then I applied clear embossing paste. While the paste was still wet I poured over micro beads. Those little blighters get everywhere, don't you know!

A light dusting of distress ink around the edges using those fabulous Clarity brushes. A white mat, a green mat, an 8 x 8 card base, and the jobs a good un.

Hope you like it.

Bye for now.


Tuesday, 22 April 2014

A Clarity Stencil

I just love this stencil. It is my new favourite!

I light dusting with three distress inks (squeezed lemonade, salty ocean and pink?). Removed the mask and a light dusting around the edges with squeezed lemonade. Mounted onto blue and pink card then onto an 8 x 8 card base. A greeting, a pale blue organiza ribbon across the corner finished with a bow. And there you have it!

Such a fun and easy card to do.

Bye for now.


Monday, 21 April 2014

Another Clarity Stencil, Don't you just Love Them

This is my newest Clarity stencil so it just had to have an airing. I am entering this into this months Clarity challenge which is monochrome.

I applied distress inks with my Clarity brushes. Allowed that to dry and cleaned the stencil..

Next, tape the stencil back in place and apply clear stencil paste onto the design.

Remove the stencil and clean it thoroughly. Allow the work to dry overnight (without touching it with your fingers to see if it is dry).

Then stamp the word, from the very useful Clarity word chain stamps, using the same colour distress ink. Cut this into a banner and stick this over the place where you stuck your finger into the paste to see if it was dry!

Bye for now.

Nature at it's Best

A lovely image using Indigo Blue stamps and Wendy Vecchi archival inks, plus distress inks for dusting.

Mounted onto white, orange then black card mats, then onto an 8 x 8 crream card blank.

Quick and simple but lovely just the same.

Bye for now.

A Clarity Meltpot Workshop 

Last Wednesday I attended a meltpot workshop with the lovely Maria Simms at Birkenhead. What a fab day it was! My finished canvas looks nothing like it did on Wednesday, but I like it. I had such fun playing to get it to this stage.

 I painted the frame inside and out with Eco acrylic paint in Ocean, but I kept the returns black. I used a stamp from the Clarity Journal set as I thought it looked a bit like a sea plant in the background. 

I remade my seahorses using a yummy blue UTEE I bought from Maria, mixed with clear UTEE. I found the melted UTEE much easier to work with when I added a little UTEE flex to the mix.

I melted beeswax in my project pan and poured this into a couple of moulds I have had for ages and this gave me a lovely selection of sea shells and even a little seahorse. These I coloured with mica powders. 

The little fish and the light house I have had for ages. In the base I poured glue and added frantage embossing powders them melted it with the heat gun. This made it bubble up a treat. You can only see it if you get close.

I made a couple of flowers with some stuff a bit like burlap to add the one we made at the workshop.

The string knotted and stuck along the bottom of the frame is an idea someone else had used on her frame (sorry, I forget who it was). I liked the idea so much I decided to do it too.

Such a fun project to do. I'm not sure where it is going to live yet, but I may well do another one.

Bye for now.