This card is my take on one done recently by Glenda Waterworth of Chocolate Baroque. Instead of the heron she used I placed the oriental lady in the frame. I bought the frame recently from Chocolate Baroque, and the oriental lady is from a plate purchased last year from The Stamp Man. I forget which shade of Adirondack dye ink I used with the stencil. While the stencil was still in place I gave it a light mist with glimmer mist, so the background has a gentle glimmer that, unfortunately, does not show up in the photo.
I will get back into the habit of taking a note of the stamp plates I use, honest!
Again, new stamps purchased recently at Port Sunlight from Imagination Crafts. The background is done with pan pastels, over versa mark ink. The lighthouse, fence and boat are stamped in black versafine ink then coloured with pencils. The image is mounted onto black then blue card stock then onto the card blank. I then had a forethought and added twine from Creative Expressons.
A card I made a few days ago. Doh, I forgot to make a note of the stamps I used. I can tell you that the text is embossed in white detail, the flower heads are embossed in black, the butterflies are stamped onto separate card, cut out and added. the white lace is from my stash. I also used a stencil and some vintage photo distress ink in the background.
Hi there bloggers. I am in shock - I hadn't realised just how long it has been since I last posted. Naughty Wanda! I have hardly done any crafting all year although I have been purchasing crafty stuff as normal!
Anyway, here I am again, and I will try to be a better blogger in future.
This is a birthday card I made for my eldest grandson whose birthday was yesterday. The stamps are from Chocolate Baroque, images coloured with copic markers. Backing coloured with distress inks.
Sorry about the poor picture quality of this image, over exposure. I came across a new (to me) altered dictionary challenge on facebook and joined. Very addictive I can tell you! You just pick a word at random and make an image to depict that word. The general idea is that the page is still visible behind the image, so no layering, etc. Anyway,, I did three pages yesterday when I really should have been making Christmas cards. "Woman" is the first.
"Shoes" is my second page. The image is a new stamp, purchased at Port Sunlight recently by Stamp Camp.
I have coloured my backgrounds with pan pastels and the images with prismacolour pencils. Not tried copics yet. I think they may well bleed through the page though as my dictionary is quite old. It is one my step mum used when playing scrabble.
And finally (fort today anyway)
Again, coloured with pan pastels and trees stamped with sepia versafine. I am putting a sheet of copy paper behind the page I am working just in case I get any bleed through then at least it will only be on the reverse of the page I am working on.
The dictionary is hard backed with a black cover, so that will get altered soon.
Anyway, that's me done for today. I want to get back into my craft room and alter more pages!
I live in a beautiful area of North Wales, up in the hills but not too far from civilisation! We run a busy boarding Cattery. I answer the phone and do a little administration. My passion is paper crafting which I have been doing for the past ten years or so. I love getting inky and messy with paints. Nothing better than starting with a clean sheet of card and creating everything yourself. I like to keep my hands busy so when not paper crafting I also knit, crochet, sew, make jewellery, in fact anything that keeps my hands busy. I also enjoy reading.