Saturday 20 October 2012

Where has the time gone?

Hi there bloggers. I am in shock - I hadn't realised just how long it has been since I last posted. Naughty Wanda! I have hardly done any crafting all year although I have been purchasing crafty stuff as normal!

Anyway, here I am again, and I will try to be a better blogger in future.

Steampunk




This is a birthday card I made for my eldest grandson whose birthday was yesterday. The stamps are from Chocolate Baroque, images coloured with copic markers. Backing coloured with distress inks.

Woman



Sorry about the poor picture quality of this image, over exposure. I came across a new (to me) altered dictionary challenge on facebook and joined. Very addictive I can tell you! You just pick a word at random and make an image to depict that word. The general idea is that the page is still visible behind the image, so no layering, etc.  Anyway,, I did three pages yesterday when I really should have been making Christmas cards. "Woman" is the first.

Shoes


"Shoes" is my second page. The image is a new stamp, purchased at Port Sunlight recently by Stamp Camp.
I have coloured my backgrounds with pan pastels and the images with prismacolour pencils. Not tried copics yet. I think they may well bleed through the page though as my dictionary is quite old. It is one my step mum used when playing scrabble.

And finally (fort today anyway)

Trees


Again, coloured with pan pastels and trees stamped with sepia versafine. I am putting a sheet of copy paper behind the page I am working just in case I get any bleed through then at least it will only be on the reverse of the page I am working on.

The dictionary is hard backed with a black cover, so that will get altered soon.

Anyway, that's me done for today. I want to get back into my craft room and alter more pages!

Bye for now, Wanda

PS: Comments always welcome.

7 comments:

  1. Whey hey welcome back mate, love your book pages they are great. Sat here looking for my mojo, it has gone awol today lol. See you soon Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a surprise! I didn't think anyone would look at my blog unless I joined in some challenges. I know what you mean about mojos. I should be pressing on with Christmas cards but I am doing everything else besides - some cattery paperwork, cleaning windows, getting my mail in box up to date. Using the ipad means it just gets blocked up. Even if I delete them on there they are still on here(laptop) when I log in. Such a pain!
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you posting again Wanda - and with such a great idea. I'd love to see someone's face when they were looking up a word and found it illustrated like this. Could be done as a surprise in any book I suppose.Such fun!!
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wanda, it's great you're back again in blogland. The card looks fantastic, your grandson will love it. Also your dictionary pages are fabulous.
    By the way, perhaps you didn't notice, that you've switched on the word verification, it's very time consuming as the letters are terrible to read. It would be very helpful if you switch it off. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about word verification. I have now switched it off - I think! Don't know how it ended up on in the first place. Thanks for your lovely comments. It is so nice that you have found me again after all this time.
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see you blogging again Wanda, beautiful card with those gorgeous steampunk stamps and I love your altered pages, what a fab idea.
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wanda it is good to see you again and I'm trying again to leave a comment, I love the idea of the book pages and can see myself having a go at this, love the way you have done them.
    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete