Wednesday, 31 August 2011

TIO #94 - Bed of Roses - a little light metal

TIO # 94 - Bed of Roses, a little light metal
The next round of challenges over on the TIO challenge is Song Titles. Each design team member has to come up with a song title then we all have to create a tag around that theme. Cool Huh? The round is being kicked off by Elizabeth and she has chosen Bed of Roses by Bon Jovi, and is asking for a little light metal. I think this will be a popular theme. At least it is with me! It will have to go some to beat the record number of fabulous entries we had last week for Frankie's theme. some fabulous entries there were too.

Added to all this excitement, we have still more. Sadly, two of our design team, Zoe and Janet, have had to drop out owing to other commitments, so we have not one, not two, but THREE new design team members. You will have to pop over to the TIO challenge to see who they are, but it promises to provide you with some fabulous and very diverse samples to whet your whistles. So go on, pop over and take a look.You will be sorry if you don't. Then join in and show us what you can create. Just remember to use at least one real stamp in your creations.

Now back to my tag -

To start, I sprayed my tag with a light spritzing of water, then I coloured it with antique linen distress stain, blotting with a sponge to give texture. When the tag was dry, I coloured around the edges with distress ink in the same colour. I then set to work with my stamps. The stamps I used were TH Papillon and Mini Muse, Clarity Birds in Flight, and Artylicious Keys and Locks stamp plate.

The inks I used for my stamping were antique linen and chipped sapphire distress inks and archival coffee. Some of my stamping is second or third generation stamping.

I cut my flower layers from gold metal, by Woodware, using PaperArtsy dies. I then set about making my flower using a fabulous tutorial by the very talented Leandra Frannich. Her tutorial can be found on her PaperArtsy blog. Thanks Leandra, I so enjoyed giving it a go.

I followed her instructions, colouring my metal with a pitch black paint dabber, which I rubber off very gently, then I used alcohol inks in stream and purple twilight. The leaves were coloured in the same way but using clover alcohol inks instead. The TH flourish was coloured in the same way.

I then added my metal elements to my tag and, voila! So that's my entry this week.

Here is a hanging I made a little while ago, but it seems to fit in with the theme. Well, it does have a lot of metal!

All the metal elements were cut using a selection of dies from TH and PaperArtsy. They were cut from copper metal and coloured with alcohol inks. The three sections of the hanging were coloured using Eco acrylic paint in blue, then I overstamped. Sorry, I can't mention to stamps I used as I didn't make a note at the time.

The hinge at the top was cut from grungeboard. Strong stuff!

That's it from me for now. Thanks for stopping by and taking a look. Now go on, give it a go. Surely we have given you enough inspiration to get those creative juices flowing.

I love to read your comments and thanks for taking to time to leave one.

Wanda xx


  1. Wanda, that's a wonderful tag, your flowers looks fabulous, love the metal touch. Also your hanging is great.

  2. Fantastic tag, I love your flower - much better than mine - I am so out of practice with metal!! And your hanging is fab too - double bubble this week!!

  3. fantastic tag! and i love how you cut out the blue butterfly for layering!

  4. Woo, I am bowled over this week... increasingly, actually, by the work you do these days... I LOVE LOVE your flower, and the whole tag is fabulous... so thanks for your wonderful dreaming

  5. Really a gorgeous tag, Wanda. Love the colors of the alcohol inks.

  6. Gorgeous tag Wanda, love the rose! xxx

  7. Fabulous tag Wanda and the roses is stunning.
    Jen x