Wednesday 4 May 2011

Travels in Europe


Rainbow Lady's Challenge 150 - Take a Town, City or Country Break

The challenge this week over on Rainbow Lady's Challenge blog is to Take a Town, City or Country Break. I love mini city breaks, so thought I would opt for this set of stamps from Crafty Individuals. I have tinted my little squares with blue stream DI, then gone around the edges with vintage photo DI. I have over stamped the images with sepia archival ink. My backing paper is from Joanna Sheen, the Da Vinci pad - I just love this pad of papers. Finally, I have tinted the edges of my 6" square base card with blue stream DI. My bp and each of the squares and the city names across the bottom are all mounted onto bronze cardstock, a very useful purchase from a craft shop in Llandudno.

I'm afraid one of the squares looks a bit squiffy. The battery on my camera had died so I had to scan the card and the silicone wasn't quite dry!

As my back is still playing up I didn't want to spend too much time bending over my craft desk, so out of necessity this is a quick card but nonetheless I rather like it. Hope you do too.

Thanks for dropping by. I love to read your comments.

Wanda xxx

T

6 comments:

  1. Yes Wanda i do like it, love the backing paper too. Thanks for sharing this with us at Rainbow Lady's.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I'm late, just catching up. It's gorgeous Wanda, squiffy or not LOL. Hope you are feeling better. Love Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanda, this is perfectly beautiful. I love the way you've distressed around the edges. Vintage Photo was the very first D. I. I bought. I love the look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boah ich bin total begeistert von Deiner wundervollen Karte, da passt alles perfekt zusammen.

    LG Irmi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bit late getting round too, busy week. This is super. The backing paper is so nice and your stamped squares look fab in that coloue.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I missed this and it is fabulous, great images and colours. Are those inchies? We are having an inchie challenge at Just for fun this week! XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete