Dragon's Dream TIO challenge #78
Some more stock in my shop
5 years ago
For my first tag I have painted a crackle effect using Eco paints in pure copper and clamshell over, with a coat of pva glue between layers. I then stamped the flora using creative expressions meadow flora and british wild flowers theme plates. In the background, over the crackle effect, I have stamped a script in one or two places using adirondack butterscotch dye ink although this is very hard to see in a picture. Next I added some copper mica powder to texture paste and used the mini cosmic swirl mask by crafters workshop to achieve the swirls down the left hand side of the tag. The piece of torn paper started life as yellow, to which I added scattered straw DI, over stamped with the script stamp, then put it through a paper rippler.
The bird is a chipboard shape I purchased recently from I know not where. I coloured it with vintage photo DI, then golden green sparkle cosmic shimmer EP. It wasn't glittery enough for my liking, so I went over it with frosted lace stickles.
The rosette is made from a TH die (the large one unfortunately as I am still waiting for the smaller one to be delivered). It is made from a scrap of green scrapbook paper over stamped with that script stamp. Finally the gem was added from my stash as were the strands.
Now on to my second tag:
Firstly, I inked the tag with spun sugar and broken china DI. This was overstamped with that script stamp (stamp camp) in a couple of areas using broken china DI. Then in a couple of other areas I inked through sequin waste using the same ink pad. I then inked up a foliage background stamp with broken china and stamped this onto the negative side of a crackle embossing folder then ran my tag through the cuttlebug. I inked the raised pattern with vintage photo DI and brushed copper mica powder over the wet ink on the raised pattern.
The bird was cut from grunge paper, using another TH die. I applied texture paste to which I had added pitch black DI, which made it a sort of grey colour. I allowed it to "go off" a little then I inked a flourish stamp with pitch black DI and pressed that gently into the paste on the bird. The feather, strands and cord with beads at the ends were added from my stash.
As I am sure you will appreciate, I had a lot of messy fun creating these two tags!
The flourish was cut from metal using a TH die. This was then coloured with alcohol inks in stream, pitch black, caramel and slate. Grunge paper was used to cut the scrollwork border using another TH die. This was coloured with broken china DI, then distress crackle in clear was added over the top. I then applied pitch black DI to age it a bit and, hopefully, make it look a bit more like aged metal.
Well, that's it for now. Do pop over to the TIO challenge blog and check out all the other design team entries, then HAVE A GO! You can have so much fun with texture. Imagine the possibilities.
Bye for now and, thanks for dropping by. I love reading all your comments.