I decided to have a play with some new stamps and dies from Paper Artsy this afternoon. Out came the grunge paper which seemed a must for the flower dies (next time I plan to try metal). Next I selected some distress inks and glimmer mists. Then I set to!
Firstly, I inked the base card (6" x 6") using a couple of colour dusters and crushed olive and tattered rose DIs. Then I over stamped some text (a very useful stamp from Stamp Camp) at the top left and bottom right. I then stamped the images from a new Paper Artsy plate in black versafine ink.
I cut out the flowers and leaves from grungepaper, then set about applying some colour with DIs in crushed olive and peeled paint for the leaves, and tattered rose, victorian velvet and worn lipstick for the flowers. Then I used glimmer mist in cherry blossom on the flowers and sticky fingers liquid lustre in christmas gree on the leaves. Once they were dried I over stamped using the paper artsy stamps and black stazon. I put one flower on top of the other then added a black button (with black thread tied in a knot) from my stash, and fixed the whole lot to my base card using glue gel.
And what a lovely, messy time I had!
Must dash, spag bol is on the hob and now needs my attention.
Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments.
I live in a beautiful area of North Wales, up in the hills but not too far from civilisation! We run a busy boarding Cattery. I answer the phone and do a little administration. My passion is paper crafting which I have been doing for the past ten years or so. I love getting inky and messy with paints. Nothing better than starting with a clean sheet of card and creating everything yourself. I like to keep my hands busy so when not paper crafting I also knit, crochet, sew, make jewellery, in fact anything that keeps my hands busy. I also enjoy reading.