I'm guest designer this week for Dragon's Dream TIO Challenge. The theme I have chosen is acetate and alcohol. I hope you will pop on over and take a look and, of course, submit an entry. This is the first time I have been guest designer anywhere, so please support me. It wouldn't do to have no entries the week I am guesting now would it!!!!!
Now, how I made the tag. Firstly, I put a gold mirri tag through a birds and swirls embossing folder, and set that aside. I covered the reverse of the acetate with alcohol inks, then stamped a swirl using black archival ink on the same side as the alcohol inks. Then I rubbed over the stamped image with a piece of kitchen roll - this removed the ink, leaving a negative image. I turned the acetate over and stamped and gold embossed the same swirl with gold EP. I atttached the acetate to the tag with a little dab of pinflair glue in the four corners and covered these with faux brads, made from gold mirri card. I cut the butterfly using a cuttlebug die, passed the butterfly through the bug again in a script embossing folder. I distressed the edges of the butterfly with walnut stain DI. I then rubbed stickles irridescent glitter glue over the wings, then put a row of gems down the body. The flower was made by sticking a piece of patterned paper to grunge paper. When the glue was dry I cut out the flowers using the TH flowers sizzix die set. I rubbed the same glitter glue into the petals. When this was dry I moulded the petals then stuck the flower together, using pinflair glue gel, then put a large gem brad in the centre. The flower was attached to the tag using glue gel and a piece of ribbon from my stash was stuck down under the flower. The butterfly was also attached to the tag with glue gel. Finally, the wool strands were added to the top of the tag with a gold brad.
Thanks for dropping by. Your comments would be most welcome.
Now, come on, over to you! Create your tag with the same theme and post it up on Dragon's Dream TIO Challenge blog.