Here is my entry for the TIO Challenge #36 over on Dragon's Dream. Check out the blogaversary candy celebrating the first anniversary of the blog.
I covered both sides of a piece of grunge paper with scrapbook paper. I'n not sure where I got it from, but it is double sided, so both sides of my tag co-ordinated beautifully. I put the whole tag through a new cuttlebug folder, called victoria, then brushed corduroy DI over the raised parts of the pattern to make it pop. Then I used the same distress ink around all the sides of the tag, followed by black soot DI just on the edges. Then I roughed up the edges of the tag, then applied black soot DI again, then dipped into black EP and heated.
I didn't have a large black eyelet, so I coloured one using a black copic pen. It worked a treat although I had to let one coat dry then apply a second. I have put black strands and an old gold ribbon through the eyelet.
I made the flower using various scraps of patterned paper, which I cut out with the blossom nestie dies, then distressed the edges using corduroy DI. Then I sprayed the layers with mango blaze glimmer mist, allowed to dry, then curled the petals, having first cut into them to allow more dimension. I then glued the layers of the flower together and finished off with a black button.
Finally, I cut two flourishes from the Home Accents cartridge on my cricut from black card, stuck them to the tag with glue gel then finished by adhering the flower.
Thanks for stopping by.