Tuesday 6 October 2015

IndigoBlu challenge 32 - Autumn Days





Here is my entry for the current IndigoBlu challenge, Autumn Days. It has been way too long since I wast posted on my poor neglected blog, but life just got in the way. Anyway, enough of that, back to my entry.

I used a 6" x 6" mdf purchased at a recent IndogoBlu open day as my base. After gessoing I adhered a sheet of gorgeous paper from the Belle Epoche paperstack. Mind you, once I had appled lashings of IndigoBlu paint in red, gold and copper, then layers of stencilling, it was all but impossible to see the lovely paper underneath. I edged the mdf with the lovely chocolate box mega flakes. Aren't these new stencils fabulous? I gentle brushed over the raised areas with gold paint to make them stand out even more.

I them stampled out the beautiful poppy image several times using black archival ink. I coloured these in with both red acrylic paints, then highlighted with spectrum noir pencils before fussy cutting the layers. I tipped the edged of the layers with the red pencil before building up my display using gel adhesive. Then I adhered it all to the plaque using the same glue.

I still feel ot needs something else but everything I have tried just doesn't look quite right, so I have left it as is.

I hope you like it and welcome your comments.

Wanda xx


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Wanda, the poppies layer perfectly don't they.
    Thank you for joining us as the IndigoBlu challenge
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly beautiful. The coloration is fantastic as well as the design. Thank you for joining us at the IndigoBlu challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours gorgeous red poppies.
    Great texture too, thanks for joining the indigoblu challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours gorgeous red poppies.
    Great texture too, thanks for joining the indigoblu challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is absolutely stunning Wanda - I love how you have layered up the poppies. gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at the Indigo blu challenge and good luck! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the detail and the colours you have used. Thank you for joining us for the IndigoBlu challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, love the texture and colours! Thank you for entering the IndigoBlu Challenge Blog, good luck. Kay x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all so much for your encouraging comments. Much appreciated.
    Wanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Wanda, What a gorgeous card! So warm and yummy. I'm loving all the texture in the background!! Thank you for entering the IndigoBlu Blog Challenge - good luck!! Maxine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at the IndigoBlu Challenge.

    Hugs Wenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Thank you for joning us at the IndigoBlu Challenge.
    Hugs
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete