Wednesday 16 November 2011

Asian

TIO #105 - Chinatown (Asian Theme)



Wow, don't the weeks just fly by. I have done absolutely nothing in readiness for Christmas, apart from the toppers for half a dozen cards. I am a bit of a bah humbug abour it all anyway. It will be my son's birthday on Friday, and it would have been my eldest daughter's birthday on Monday 14th, so I like to get these birthdays out of the way then I just go full throttle in my preparations for the BIG day.  Anyway, I digress.

On to this weeks' challenge over on Dragon's Dream tag it on. The theme this week is set by Silvia (Barnie), and the film title she has chosen is "Chinatown" (an Asian theme). I decided to use a plate of stamps by The Stamp Man Non Sequitur - Samurai, for my main image. This is a fairly new set for me. The grasses are from another plate by The Stamp Man - Summer in the Orient. The blossom is a Clarity Stamp.

I have decided to keep it fairly mono in colour, so have inked the tag with Adirondack Butterscotch, having first stamped a screen stamp from the same stamp plate with versa mark, then the inked was brayered over.I know, it is hard (if not impossble) to see the resist stamping! The background images are also inked with butterscotch.

I tried stamping the sitting lady with a new glue ink from Indigo Blue then applying gold leaf, but it just didn't show up very well against the background, so I stamped her again on another tag, using black versafine, cut her out then mounted her over the original image. If you look very closely you can possibly see some of the gold leaf peeping through around the edges. I stamped her again on a piece of patterned paper, cut out the robes and paper pieced. I then coloured in the flowers on her robe with a green polycolour pencil. I also added a bit of colour to her face, neck and arms.

Lastly, I added an oriental coin, dragonfly brad and ribbons from my stash. Oh, and I mounted the tag onto a slightly larger black tag.

So there you have it. Fairly clean and simple this week.

I do hope you will check out the other samples over on the TIO blog, feel inspired then decide to join in with us dreaming "Asian".

I love checking out your work and I try to get round to each and every one of you.

Please feel free to leave a comment. I love reading them all.

Bye for now.

Wanda xx

9 comments:

  1. Wanda, this is stunning the colours, the images everything is magical. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Wanda, the stamps that you have used are beautiful and the colour is lovely
    Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanda, your background colors are fantastic, right for this asian theme. You've also used a fab image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colours Wanda, couldn't find my coins, somewhere safe I guess lol. Love Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours, this is stunning Wanda. Love it.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tag is gorgeous - love the richness of the background colour and the stamps are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful oriental colors, Wanda! The gold is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sunset colours are so beautiful... you did a stunning job with this Tag it really is gorgeous.
    love lynx

    ReplyDelete