Tuesday 11 August 2009

This is my take on a card produced some time ago by Michelle Zindorf. I just wanted to practice and try and get the same, or similar, results to her work. I am relatively pleased with it but will keep practicing! I just love Michelle's work.
I won't go into too much details about how it was made - you can always check it out on her fantastic site. Suffice to say, I used dye based inkpads and a brayer and copy paper to mask to areas I did not want to colour. The shadow in the snow was created using cute and dry foam. The skiier and the Xtreme stamps are from Tanda stamps and the tree is from Lavinia stamps.
I really enjoy producing this type of work. I find it so satisfying to take a clean sheet of card and end up with a creation of my making. I also like using other techniques to add colour and dimension to a clean sheet of card or paper.
I still haven't painted my new racks. It's lucky I ordered the triple ink pad rack as I already have some 66 ink pads and there are still loads I need. I'm not sure how many reels or ribbon I have but I'm sure I will soon manage to fill the other rack. Now all I need is that long-awaited craft room! My family will sure appreciate getting our dining room back. Not sure what I will turn my attention to now as I'm feeling a bit tired. My copy of Technique Junkies arrived today and it's packed with techniques using gesso. Now is that pronounced as spelled or like jeeso?

Had a early start today as we have to take our GD to the hospital every morning to have her EEG checked and the batteries changed. Roll on Friday. Think I may just create something quick and easy.

Bye for now.

2 comments:

  1. ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh Wanda this is amazing.
    Annxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought those racks Wanda and they are just fabulous - hope you enjoy using yours.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete